WaPo Deletes Content Based on Debunked Steele Dossier

The Washington Post is in the midst of a significant cleanup effort.

The outlet just completed a mass-edit of content that had been based on the Steele dossier.

With indictments having come down against the main source, the publication is clearly trying to right the wrongs it reported in 2017 and 2019.

Delete, Delete, Delete

With the Steele dossier now completely discredited, major stories that WaPo broke that relied on the dossier must now be corrected.

Sadly, however, the corrections will do little to correct the perception those stories created at the time.

In the correction for the March 29, 2017, article, the editor’s note stated, “The original version of this article published on March 29, 2017, said that Sergei Millian was a source for parts of a dossier of unverified allegations against Donald Trump.

“That account has been contradicted by allegations contained in a federal indictment filed in November 2021 and undermined by further reporting by The Washington Post.

“As a result, portions of the story and an accompanying video have been removed and the headline has been changed.

“The original account was based on two people who spoke on the condition of anonymity to provide sensitive information.

“One of those people now says the new information ‘puts in grave doubt that Millian’ was a source for parts of the dossier. The other declined to comment.”

For the 2019 article, the editor also noted that any references in that article from the original 2017 report had been removed.

The real problem here is that the content inside that dossier had been contested from the outset, but the media was so intent on removing Trump from office that it just ignored the reports.

The correction is great, but as mentioned above, the damage has already been done.

Source: New York Post

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn

Sign Up for Daily Newsletter

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive breaking news updates emails from: Breaking News Digest, LLC, 299 Monroe Ave., Suite 2406, Roanoke, TX, 76262, US, https://www.Breaking News Digest.com/. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the link, found at the bottom of every email. 

PRESIDENTIAL NEWS

CONGRESSIONAL NEWS

GOP CHAIR TWEETS

BIDEN: "It's gonna take time to get inflation back to normal levels."

18 months ago, the Biden administration was calling inflation "transitory."

My message to President Biden at the White House today:
- Secure the border
- End COVID vaccine mandates in the military
- No more reckless spending

"I explained to the president what I saw [at the border]," says @GOPLeader.

"Where you can see the videos of these cartels literally shooting tracers at our National Guard, a woman hung because she didn't pay the cartel."

Load More...

MILITARY NEWS

VIDEOS & QUICK READS